Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Michelle’s Miniatures: “The Mulberry” Art Deco Dollhouse. Art Deco and Craftsman Style, 1:48 Scale. Part 6 Finished!


Last, But Not Least

____________________________________

Finishing the Opening Front


Finally! On the home stretch! 





Magnets, the Friend Of Wee Dollhouses


Since I had made this dollhouse front opening, I had to figure out how those front opening walls were going to open. I considered hinges and latches but thought, not only would the the hinges and latches be too obtrusive, but how would opening them work with both a bottom and a top opening wall?


I decided on magnets, and drilled holes that lined up for those magnets and glued the magnets in with E-6000 glue that works great when I have to glue metals.


Believe me, this was no easy task but it worked!




Lights!


I finished wiring for the lights which made the back a bit hodge podge looking, but I figured I could figure a way to tidy that space, later!!! Its a back. Who’s gonna look at the back of a front opening dollhouse anyway!




Done!!!








1st Floor, furnished




2nd Floor, furnished




3rd Floor, furnished











I don't know if I'll ever do another 1/4 scale dollhouse again, working so tiny is extremely challenging! Though, what space savers!

4 comments:

  1. Felicidades, todo tu trabajo es magnifico.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eres muy amable. Gracias por tomarse el tiempo de mirar y comentar.

      Delete
  2. It turned out really nice - great work! Art Deco is one of my favorite styles. I think the magnets were a brilliant idea. Great photos too. Thanks for taking us down this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art Deco is one of my favorites too, Mid Century Modern is another. I so appreciate you taking the time to check it out and comment. Take care -S

      Delete