Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Carl Larsson Experiment: Part 9, Finally! Voila! - Real Good Toys 22 Town Hill Road CC2 Front Opening Kit

Voila!!!
 Well, after a few family challenges and a week in Denver, I finally finished. How happy am I! This little place will house some of my porcelain collection, as you will see.


6 months to complete after a 6 months in storage! A lot of interruptions but we just persevered!


Open open open...


...open open open
Love that hinged roof. Glad I decided to do it!

Doorwall detail
The Parlor....

The Kitchen...

The Bedrooom...

Bedroom stair railing detail.

________________________________________________

Now the best part, and always sooo longgg in coming! Furnishings!
It was difficult finding all the porcelain in the same 3/4 scale, or at least close to it. And of course I used brass colored pieces to round it out a bit.




Furnished Parlor...

I hope to get some more artwork for the sides of the ceramic stove but some things just take patience (and money!). I think my kakelugn came out pretty well!
The porcelain sofa and chairs look so comfy. Woulda thought??

I love the round picture, so you get a better view of it.
Yes, the side table is a door knob. Pretty clever huh? I didn't do it but I'm glad I bought it!

Furnished Kitchen...


 Must have a place to relax and have a good read while tending to dinner!

Remember, the staircase does come out for easy play!

Furnished Bedroom...



I was so lucky to find the little porcelain sleigh bed and wash stand.

The little wood stove is a salt shaker. I think the salt is still in it!

________________________________________________

Well, I hope you enjoyed my tour of the little Larrson experiment! I know it doesn't exactly copy the Larssons' house in any way, but I think it has a bit of that character. And now it gets to sit next to it's sister, my Barton Tudor!



BTW, I purchased the next in the RGT Children's Choice opening front dollhouse kit collection, the 333 Franklin Street brownstone. Let's see, I have to paint my front room, that'll be three months, have to go to Denver again, another month, and... Geez! I should be done with that one too in another year!!

Cheers Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! My favorite two pieces are the round picture and the doorknob table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Little Loosie! I'm not surprised you're happy - this is beautiful and suits your collection of ceramic furniture to PERFECTION. The exterior is wonderfully smart and the interior well... attention to detail and style abound - just as we've come to expect from you. The little drapes you've added look really pretty too. Carl Larsson? - I think you done the boy proud! Well done!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - this looks amazing! You're so lucky to get to work on the RGT 22 Town Hill Road kit! Bravo, bravo!! :D
    (so looking forward to your next project!)

    ReplyDelete