Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Carl Larsson Experiment: Part 4 Kitchen - Real Good Toys 22 Town Hill Road CC2 Front Opening Kit

Kitchen Dreams


The kitchen of this endeavor is where I hope the Larsson emulation will shine. I don't think I can get too folksy with a kitchen!

I found this awesome vintage wallpaper online from an Etsy store, Hanna's Treasures. Small print as wallpaper goes for a real home but perfect for a dollhouse. It's unpasted so I used Yes Paste to adhere it....


I'm debating whether to poly it or not, maybe a little gloss will give it a tile look.

I used large width bead board for the paneling, I just felt it had a better look for the kitchen than the smaller bead board I used in my Barton Tudor. After staining and polying it, I dry brushed some gray craft paint over it, to give it weathered blue color and polyed it again. The ceiling is another hand crafted paper I got from Paper Source.



Chair rail is added for a even top finish of the bead board panels.

Clamping is so important. That's why I've left the back off.

























I painted the rest of the little fan panels yellow and cut them down to fit over the seams of the bead board paneling. I think it give the kitchen that extra folksy charm.



Maybe later on I'll add some shelves. We'll see! I did find some inspiration for the 3rd floor so onward!

1 comment:

  1. This all works so well together and what a great find the wallpaper was, I love it, it's perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete